CAS isn’t just a title.
The Certified Apartment Supplier designation course offers vendor/suppliers the opportunity to learn how to better service and meet the needs of your customers in the apartment industry. This course also provides you the opportunity to network and build partnerships with the industry professionals of today and tomorrow!
- Learn more about the multifamily housing industry
- Hear about the challenges your customer, the apartment manager, encounters daily.
- Share your personal experiences as a multifamily industry supplier who meets with hundreds of apartment managers.
Sharpen Your Skills
- Increase your professionalism by improving your apartment knowledge of residential property management, apartment community cash flow and budgeting, and risk management.
- Enhance and advance your career by demonstrating your commitment to education and higher standards of excellence.
- Develop a network of multifamily housing professionals
- Improve your team-building skills through group activities and assignments
- Focus on your individual leadership abilities
CAS Designation Requirements
In order to maintain the highest professional standards, CAS designation requires:
- Agreement not to promote products or solicit business in classroom.
- Attendance at required and elective classes.
- Successfully pass online exam.
- Renew certification every year through additional continuing education.
Offered in a modular format, the CAS Designation Course modules are as follows:
Required CAS Modules
Certified Apartment Supplier (CAS) candidates must complete each of the following Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) modules (CAM A, CAM G, CAM H)
CAM A - Management for Residential Issues
Customer service; Occupancy; Technology; Management; Safety and security; Emergency management; Resident relations
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CAM F - Financial Management
Investment principals; Financial records and reports; Financial formulas; Interpreting financial data; Budgets
Thursday, March 10, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
CAM H - Risk Management
Minimizing risks to residents and staff; Handling emergencies; Liability and insurance
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(In addition to the 3 required modules, each CAS candidate must complete one of the following elective modules: CAM B, CAM C, CAM D, CAM E or CAM F)
CAM B - Human Resource Management
Employee recruitment, hiring, appraisal, termination & exit interview; Personnel files; Motivating Employees Wednesday, February 16, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 17, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
CAM C- Legal Responsibilities
Review job discrimination laws; OSHA regulations; Terminating leases; Handling disputes
Wednesday, February 23, 2010 / 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CAM D - Fair Housing
History of fair housing; Federal, state and local fair housing laws and regulations; Federally protected classes
Thursday, February 24, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CAM E - Marketing
Intro to marketing and marketing terms; Market research; Advertising; Marketing plans; Internal marketing; How to develop a marketing plan
Wednesday, March 9, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
CAM G - Property Maintenance for Managers
Building a team approach; Exterior and interior maintenance; Preventive maintenance & safety
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 / 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR CAS
CAS Designation Course Fee
$455 Members (includes text, class instruction & online exam)
++Members can take advantageof the 2 month payment plan of (February $227.50 and March $227.50)++
$580 Non-Members (includes text, class instruction & online exam)
Registration Deadlines & Policies
Registration deadline is January 26, 2011. Registration fee must be paid prior to 02/09/11 in order to receive text material and attend classes. Cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations received by January 12, 2011 will receive a full refund. Cancellations received by January 19, 2011 will receive a 75% refund. Cancellations received by January 26, 2011 will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received by February 02, 2011 will receive a 25% refund. Cancellations received less than one week prior to the course will not be entitled to any refund.
For More Information
If you have any questions concerning CAS designation, please contact Suzanne Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org.